Ready in1 hour 45 minutes
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 pound butter
2 cups ricotta
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Red / Green Food Coloring
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat well sugar and butter.
2. Add / mix in ricotta, vanilla, and eggs.
3. Add in batches flour, salt, and baking soda.
4. Flour hands and roll dough into 1 tbsp balls.
5. Place on grease cookie sheet.
6. Bake 350°F for 12-15 minutes until bottoms are slightly colored.
7. While cooking make icing.
8. Mix powdered sugar with a little milk at a time until slightly thick icing.
9. Add a tsp at a time of anise until desired taste.
10. Split icing into two bowl and add red food coloring to one, and green food coloring to the other.