Inverse Paradox, a growing digital agency in the Philadelphia area is seeking a new Magento 2 developer to add to its tight-knit team. Since opening, Inverse Paradox has worked with a variety of clients to produce a huge variety of web-based projects. Our work includes static websites for small businesses to complex eCommerce site with 100,000s of pages for large corporations, and everything in between.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Magento 2 developer. The primary responsibility will be to work with our project management, design, and development teams along with our clients to produce everything from comprehensive new Magento websites to introducing new features & functionality to existing eCommerce websites.
- Work directly with project management team on a daily basis.
- Produce quality code aligned with described user stories & tasks assigned.
- Produce code which adheres to Magento best-practices.
- Assess, time-estimate, accept & update user stories & tasks assigned.
- Assist in project planning & creation of technical documentation.
- Deliver work that concisely addresses outlined requirements within appropriate timeframes.
- Assist in QA testing.
- Proactively present new ideas and contribute to the evolution of company best-practices.
- Keep up to date with industry best-practices and changes in Magento software.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A solid understanding of standards-compliant, cross-browser/cross-platform HTML & CSS
- Experience with responsive design
- The ability to translate PSDs and other assets created by graphic designers into a cohesive website
- An understanding of frontend optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of jQuery
- Knowledge of usability / user experience design is a plus
- Strong experience with custom Magento 2 theme development, including accommodating full user editablity, complex layouts, and extensions that require theme customization – we don’t work with prebuilt themes so it is important to have the ability to create complex setups from scratch
- Familiarity with both Magento 2 Open Source & Commerce editions
- Familiarity with Magento’s coding standards and best practices
- Working knowledge of basic PHP and MySQL
- An understanding of programming security best practices
- Familiarity with using Magento’s command line tools and general command line tools on Linux servers is a plus
- Familiarity with Composer is a plus
- Familiarity with using git for source control is a plus
- Familiarity with Magento Cloud is a plus
- Involvement in the open source community is a plus
Inverse Paradox expects all team members to be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, communicative & collaborative.
- 2 years minimum Magento 2 development experience
- Magento certifications
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum project management practices
- Graduated with 4 year degree with focus in web design/development, development or computer science