Inverse Paradox is a digital agency specializing in eCommerce & WordPress applications. Located in the Philadelphia-area, IP is seeking a new mid-to-high level user interface designer. Since 2007, Inverse Paradox has embraced the WordPress platform as the backbone to all its website offerings for clients ranging from the small business next door with just a few editable pages of content to international publications utilizing complex taxonomies generating 100,000s of pages. In this role, if you’re looking to diversify your interface design skillsets for eCommerce, IP creates the opportunity to push your limits and experience growth and self-fulfillment with every project.
- Maintain graphic standards and consistency for multi-brand, multi-channel, both internally and externally, covering many verticals.
- Responsible for variety of projects under the direction of company leadership including but not limited to web design, app design, design revision and presentations.
- Contribute to UX design efforts for various projects including the development of information architecture, sitemaps, wireframes and UI kits.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and project managers on client projects.
- Consult with clients as needed.
- Contribute to the development of the misc. company special projects.
- Manage your own time between multiple projects & clients to meet tight deadlines.
- Follow and contribute to our internal standards.
- Keep up on the latest trends and best practices in web/ui design.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications & Skills
Qualifications & Skills
- Computer skills: Adobe Creative Cloud with a focus on Adobe XD, Photoshop & Acrobat and Microsoft Office, Figma and InVision is beneficial.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design principles: layout, color theory, typography.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is a benefit but not required. · Familiarity with WordPress and eCommerce is encouraged.
- Knowledge of User Experience design is a benefit.
- Ability to design cohesive front-end web/app designs for mobile, tablet & desktop interfaces.
- Strong sense of visual design and ability to adapt to multiple brands and aesthetic styles.
- Ability to follow directions with great detail and consideration. · Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Demonstrate ability to take feedback from Creative Director, Designers, Developers, Project Managers, and/or clients constructively.
- Demonstrate ability to perform QA on own work and constructively review others work. · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent design-presentation skills.Requirements
- 3+ years experience with WooCommerce and WordPress
- 3+ years front-end development, solid project-level experience with WordPress, HTML, CSS
- Previous development firm/agency experience preferred
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in web design/development, multimedia design, or similar is preferred.
- 1+ years web and/or graphic design
- Previous firm/agency experience is beneficial
Inverse Paradox has a great team, competitive pay, offers exceptional benefits, a casual work environment, and plenty of perks like locally roasted coffee to get through the day, and fridge stocked with beer for when you’re wrapping up.
- Start with 10-days of PTO
- 12 closed days for company holidays
- 50% paid employee healthcare including vision & dental
- SimpleIRA with employer contribution
- Flexible working schedule with ability to work remote
- Opportunities for paid industry/events & conferences
To apply for this position, e-mail your cover letter, resume and portfolio to [email protected].
As a company, we pride ourselves on being a locally-oriented team. Therefore, this opportunity is not open for telecommuting, outsourcing, or other freelancers. Send your resume, a portfolio of development experience, and a compelling e-mail as to why you’d like to join us. Please include your salary requirement.