Inverse Paradox, a growing web & graphic design agency in the Philadelphia area is seeking a new WordPress Developer to add to its tightly knit team. Since 2007, Inverse Paradox has embraced the WordPress platform as the backbone to all its website offerings for clients ranging from the small business next door with just a few editable pages of content to international publications utilizing complex taxonomies generating 100,000s of pages. In this role, if you’re looking to diversify your WordPress skillset, IP caters to the opportunity to push the limits and experience growth and self-fulfillment with every project.
Inverse Paradox has a great team, offers exceptional benefits, a casual work environment, and plenty of perks like locally roasted coffee to get through the day, and fridge stocked with beer for when you’re wrapping up. Candidates should apply to Neil directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we pride ourselves on being a locally oriented team. Therefore this opportunity is not open for telecommuting, outsourcing, or other freelancers.
Send your resume, a portfolio of development experience which must demonstrate custom work in WordPress, and a compelling e-mail as to why you’d like to join us, and salary requirement.
- A solid understanding of standards-compliant, cross-browser/cross-platform HTML & CSS
- Experience with responsive design
- The ability to translate PSDs and other assets created by graphic designers into a cohesive website
- An understanding of frontend optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of jQuery
- Knowledge of usability / user experience design is a plus
- Strong experience with custom WordPress theme development, including accommodating full user editablity, complex layouts, and plugins that require theme customization – we don’t work with prebuilt themes so it is important to have the ability to create complex setups from scratch
- Familiarity with various commonplace and proven plugins such as: Advanced Custom Fields, Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, The Events Calendar, s2Member, BuddyPress
- Experience with creating custom WordPress plugins is a plus
- Thorough understanding of custom post types and taxonomies
- Working knowledge of basic PHP and MySQL
- An understanding of programming security best practices
- Familiarity with using command line tools on Linux servers is a plus
- Familiarity with using git for source control is a plus
- Involvement in the open source community is a plus
Send e-mail to Neil Harner at email@example.com. Include resume, portfolio of relevant experience demonstrating above requirements, a cover letter expressing why you think you’d be a good fit for our team and salary requirement.
Inverse Paradox is an equal opportunity employer.